Monday, September 7, 2015

London Calling

I swear coming up with a blog name is like trying to pick something to watch on Netflix - you spend hours and hours combing through possibilities, flagging some, and then never end up watching anything. I thought about starting a blog all summer and here, at the bitter end of it, I finally got around to choosing a name and diving in.


SO! London!! I'm moving there on Saturday for grad school. It seems so far away and so close at the same time. Right now I'm sitting in a condo overlooking the ocean in Myrtle Beach so its hard to imagine that this time next week I will be in England where the weather is already in autumn. My goal is to get as tan as possible before I leave, so for me I'll basically be a slightly darker shade of very white. At least I will be in good company.


I've spent the last 9 years in DC, the last 8 years in the same house, and the last 6 in the same job. Basically I hit 30 and decided it was time to make a change. I've always wanted to live in the UK (thanks to the countless number of britcoms my family watched growing up and my love of all things Austen, Harry Potter, and Doctor Who) and thought now is the perfect time.  It will be weird being away from my family and friends for a year but I am looking forward to meeting new people, experiencing new things, and sharing my adventures with you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment